Stretch Goal

Goal

My goal is to become a lot better at barre chords. I want to be able to play barre chords without having to stop and adjust or think about what form or shape barre chord I should be using.

Why

I want to be really good at barre chords because I enjoy guitar very much and barre chords is something I struggle with.

How

I will become better at playing barre chords by focusing on them more when practicing guitar.

When

I will work on playing barre chords during the practice time in class and when I am practicing at home.

Resources

I am probably gonna need a couple of charts the different form barre chords and songs to practice them with.

Milestones

Below is a video of me on our first stretch goal recording day.

Below is a video of me playing “D’you Have A Car” by SWMRS with Abbey using the correct barre chords.

•  Dec. 1, 2017,  I want to be able to play and understand when to use E shape, Em shape, A shape and Am shape barre chords.
  • Feb. 1, 2018, I want to be able to play E shape, Em shape, A shape and Am shape barre chords with out having to stop and adjust and be able to play at least 8 songs using all correct barre chords.
  • May 1, 2018, I want to have a really good understanding of barre chords and be able to just look at the chords and listen to a song and know what shape barre chords I should be using.

Heroines / Heroes

Someone I really admire is Billie Joe Armstrong. I really admire his song writing talent and the way he plays.

Wikipedia page on Billie Joe Armstrong